Our Tube Fitting Installation Essentials course is designed to teach students foundational tube fitting knowledge that will minimize risk of leakage and ensure system integrity. Upon course completion, students will know how to properly select, cut, and deburr tubing, correctly assemble a Swagelok® tube fitting, and gauge a tube fitting assembly. They will gain an understanding of the differences in tube fitting designs, tube fitting components, and their importance to proper assembly. Additionally, students will be able to identify thread types and installation practices, and properly prepare threaded installations.
Each student will receive a course Certificate of Completion signed by our Swagelok Certified Trainer, in addition to several valuable take-aways from the course.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand how to correctly assemble a Swagelok tube fitting through a variety of hands-on exercises
- Properly cut and deburr tubing
- Gauge a tube fitting assembly
- Identify thread types and installation practices
- Properly prepare threaded installations
- Tube preparation - cutting and deburring
Gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Tubing selection, preparation, and handling
- Differences in tube fitting design
- Tube fitting components and their importance to proper assembly
- Leakage and how to prevent it
- Different thread types and installation practices
- Other fittings that make the job easier